The all-new 2017 F-150 Raptor re-defines what it means to be the only purpose-built, high-performance off-road truck. Its adds more power and torque, shedding up to 500 pounds over the previous model through the use of high strength, military grade, aluminum alloy. Raptor’s average height increased two-inches and the custom-engineered Fox shocks are upsized to 3 inches in diameter.
Further technology improvements include an innovative Terrain Management System that changes between two-, four-wheel and AWD modes with terrain-specific powertrain calibrations. Other technological advancements include three steering modes, available SYNC® 3, and large multi-function LED screens on the center stack and IP capable of providing vehicle status monitoring and exterior visibility via a 360-degree camera system with Split-view Display. MSRP: $49,520 – SuperCab, destination, taxes and fees extra
Designed by Ford Performance, the 2017 F-150 Raptor enjoys a sculpted body design, which fits the profile of a desert racer. Key design features include:
- Exterior Design – The F-150 Raptor uses high-strength military grade aluminum in the body design that includes a dropped beltline, true dual rear exhaust, bold FORD lettering on rear tailgate
- Wide Body – The 2017 F-150 Raptor features rounded wheel arches with large wheel lip moldings, and redesigned front/rear bumpers
- Improved Aerodynamics – The new F-150 Raptor features a 5 percent improvement in aerodynamics when compared to the previous generation
- Interior Design – F-150 Raptor interior features include deep bolstered seating with exclusive embroidered Raptor logos and available color accent leather
Available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew, the all-new high-strength, high-strength steel box frame comes with extended suspension height and high-performance springs.
- Designed for Raptor – The 2017 F-150 Raptor features its own high-strength steel box frames
- Lighter, Yet Stronger – F-150 Raptor is up to 500-pounds lighter than its predecessor thanks to its lighter, high-strength military-grade aluminum body
- Upgraded FOX Shocks – Joint-engineered by Ford Performance and FOX, the 2017 Raptor gets 44 percent larger FOX shocks with 3-inch diameter shock canisters (2.5-inch previously.)
- Increased Suspension Travel and Ride Height– With the added 0.8-inches front and 1.9-inch rear wheel of increased wheel travel compared to its predecessor, the 2017 F-150 Raptor benefits from 13-inch front and 13.9-inch rear suspension travel
- Aggressive Approach, Breakover and Departure Angles – The 2017 Raptor hits the trail hard and fast with its 30-degree front approach angle, 22-degree breakover angle, and 23-degree departure angle
- Exclusive Tires and Off-Road Rims – The 2017 Raptor comes with second-generation BF Goodrich KO2 tires designed exclusively for the Raptor’s extended off-road capabilities
All-new second-generation 3.5-liter high-output EcoBoost V6 engine producing out 510 lb.-ft. of torque and 450 horsepower across a wide power band.
- H.O. Performance – Includes piston-cooling oil jets. Higher boost twin turbochargers enable an increase of 85 horsepower and 50 lb.-ft. torque over the standard F-150 EcoBoost 3.5-liter engine
- Dual Fuel Injection – New port and direct fuel injection system draws on the power, efficiency and clean emissions that a duel fuel strategy provides
- New Valve Train – A new lightweight cam and dual-chain cam drive design saves weight
- New Turbo Design – Includes innovative electric actuated waste gate for more accurate boost control
- Variable Displacement Oil Pump – Electronic controlled, the new design modulates oil flow based on need to further reduce parasitic loss
- True Dual Exhaust –Designed from scratch to ensure the maximum power from the Raptor high-output EcoBoost twin-turbo V6.
A 10-speed automatic transmission delivers the right gear at the right time for improved power and torque application as well as improved fuel efficiency. New features include:
- High-Speed One-Way Clutch – Improves coasting, enables low-speed non-sequential shifts
- Trailer/Tow Mode – Reprograms shift points, adds engine braking
- Ford Patented Hydraulics Controls – Improves shift performance and overall flexibility
- Gen II High Efficiency Filtration – Improves system cleanliness for longer life, eliminates frequent fluid change requirements
- Adaptive Learn Mode – improves shift/drivability
- Internal Start/Stop Oil Pump – Simplifies system integration, smoother restarts
- Paddle Shifters – Wheel mounted magnesium paddle shifters for fast manual mode up/down shifts
All new advanced four-wheel-drive torque-on-demand transfer case with Terrain Management System™ automatically manages power and torque distribution.
- AWD/4WD Combination – The transfer case merges all-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive capabilities automatically so the Raptor can handle any driving situation on-road and off
- Terrain Management System™ – Exclusive patent pending six-mode driver control system automatically selects the most suitable two-, four (high/low)- and all-wheel drive mode
- Steering Modes –For customized steering feedback, the selectable-effort electric power-assisted steering of Raptor offers 3 modes
IMPROVED EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined EPA fuel economy increased 23 percent over the first generation Raptor. EPA estimated fuel economy* ratings for the 2017 F-150 Raptor are:
- 15 mpg city
- 18 mpg highway
- 16 mpg combined
The 2017 F-150 Raptor is the smartest, most technology-advanced Raptor ever with the advanced SYNC® 3 connectivity system, large LED multi-purpose screens in the center stack and instrument panels that display vehicle status monitors.
- SYNC® 3 – The most advanced passenger connectivity tool from Ford
- LED Multi-purpose Screens – The new 8-inch center stack HMI screen and the multi-function Productivity Screen located in the instrument cluster provides drivers with relevant vehicle information
- 360-View Camera – The 360-degree camera with available Split-view Display
- Overhead Aux Switches – Ceiling mounted overhead auxiliary switches are easy-to-reach and are configurable for aftermarket add-ons